From one end of the Bible to other, scripture declares God’s extravagant love. It’s a love I found all over again when I became a sudden widow. Only in deep loss have I found how much deeper God’s love is.
No other person can satisfy what our soul craves and our heart needs. God’s love is the soft landing that provides real rest, the salve that soothes the tenderest places and the covering that wraps us in secure hope.
God’s love is wider, longer, higher and deeper than we could even begin to imagine. When we try to wrap our minds around it, we’ve already limited it. Let’s look at 28 Bible verses about God’s love for you.
28 Bible verses about God’s love for you.
1.You are the apple of God’s eye. “Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings…” (Psalm 17:8, ESV)
3. God knows you fully and loves you. “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you, Lord, know it completely.” (Psalm 139:1-4)
2. God delights over you. “The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17, NIV)
4. God sees you as his masterpiece. “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2:10, NIV)
5. God has engraved you on the palm of his hand. “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.” (Isaiah 49:16)
6. God’s love for you is lavish. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!” (1 John 3:1 NIV) 7. God’s love for you is compassionate. “As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.” (Psalm 103:13, ESV) 8. God’s love for you is steadfast, faithful and loyal. “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 86:15, ESV) 9. God’s love is for you. “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?” (Romans 8:31, ESV) 10. God’s love for you is vast and incapable of measuring, far surpassing anything we could ever imagine. “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge–that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:17-19, NIV)
11. God loved you before you ever loved Him. “We love because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19, ESV)
12. God’s love for you meant Jesus left the riches, glory and majesty of heaven and to wrap himself in flesh and walk with you in suffering. “For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16, NIV)
13. God’s love for you is unquestionable. No matter what your circumstances scream, God has proved his love for you. “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8 NLT)
14. God loved you enough to go through temptation, ridicule, poverty, hate, hunger, threats, exhaustion, humiliation, grief, betrayal, rejection, injustice, blasphemy, submission, mocking, flogging, derision, crucifixion, wrath, death. “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13, NIV)
15. God’s love stretched out on a cross for you, bore the crushing consequences of sin for you, and fulfilled the promise to never forsake you all while being forsaken for you. “Yet the proof of God’s amazing love is this: that it was while we were sinners that Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8, Phillips)
16. God’s love could never be earned; it’s His gift to you. “This is real love–not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (1 John 4:10, NLT)
17. God loved you in your rebellion and sin. “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ..” (Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV)
18. God’s love brings abundant life. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, ESV)
19. God’s love adopts you as His own. “God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.” (Galatians 4:5, NLT)
20. God’s love means He takes us as friend. “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” (John 15:15, NIV)
21. God’s love for you means He disciplines you for your good. “For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” (Hebrews 12:6, ESV)
22. Yet, God’s love means we never have to fear His hand. “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.” (1 John 4:18, ESV)
23. God is always acting in love toward you. “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23, NIV)
24. God is love. Every event, circumstance, every delay and closed door, every difficulty and heartache comes to you through God’s hands of perfect love. “…God is love.” (1 John 4:8, ESV)
25. God’s love fills us with hope that will not disappoint. “And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.” (Romans 5:5
26. God’s love is a covering over you. “For you bless the godly, O LORD; you surround them with your shield of love.” (Psalm 5:12, NLT)
27. God’s love is always with you. You can never be in a place beyond the reach of God’s love or sink to a place where God’s love cannot plumb. “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39 NLT)
28. God’s love never ends. We get the storybook ending we all crave. “The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.” (Jeremiah 31:3 NIV)