Fresh hope. New beginnings. Big dreams.
A brand spankin’ new year stretches before us and we are teetering on the edge with great anticipation.
This new year may open wide with its great unknowns to us, but not to God. He knows the way we take and he’s already there.
But now knowing what lies ahead isn’t so bad.
I’m convinced if we’ll give God the pen to write the pages of our life it will be a story far beyond anything we could imagine. An unbucket list of details and doors and detours that would make our best plans pale in comparison.
So today as we dream about the year ahead, let’s write our goals and plans in pencil. God has the pen and we can trust that his plans are always best.
The Bible has a lot to say about new beginnings and new plans. Here are 21 Bible verses for the New Year.
21 Bible Verses for the New Year
1.Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
2. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19
3. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
4. Because of the LORD’s loving devotion we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! Lamentations 3:22-23
5. He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true. Revelation 21:5
6. What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do. Isaiah 46:11
7. We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9
8. The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. Psalm 37:23
9. Who is the man who fears the LORD? Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose. Psalm 25:1
10. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:5
11. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3;5-6
12. Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
13. You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance. Psalm 65:11
14. I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great army, which I sent among you. Joel 2:25
15. But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8
16. The LORD Himself goes before you; He will be with you. He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
17. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
18.She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25
19. Rather, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
20. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:33-34
21. For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
Start your year with my FREE 100 Days with Christ Bible study and journal! Subscribe here to get the Bible reading plan and journal.