Morning light streamed through my bedroom windows as I woke to the alarm. I snuggled deeper into the pillow, stealing minutes from my morning routine. A typical weekday of schooling kids, household tasks, writing and taxiing kids lay ahead. The kind of day I loved.
Yet as I slowly wakened, my thoughts darkened like gathering clouds. My day thoughts became overshadowed with accusations: Look at how you’re failing your kids. You’re so behind on paperwork. Why can’t you do better? Your writing doesn’t matter. Why do you even bother?
I’d been awake less than 10 minutes and already the enemy was working to steal my joy and destroy my peace. I needed a battle plan.
That battle plan was to write 31 Biblical affirmations I could speak over my morning, my circumstances and my thoughts. These Christian affirmations rooted in scripture aren’t self-centric, self-actualization kinds of affirmations. Because where’s the power in that?
These Biblical affirmations are based in God’s Word to help you face your day with confidence in Christ.
What is a Christian affirmation?
Affirmations are truths rooted in scripture to declare over your circumstances, yourself and your relationships.
These Christian affirmations will help you:
- Anchor your faith in who God is
- Secure the deep peace God promises
- Reframe your circumstances with God’s truth
- Set your mind on what’s true and honorable
- Prepare your heart for the day before you
Why Christian affirmations?
Scripture says we’re to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. God does the transformation but we need to call out the lies and exchange them for God’s truth. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” (Philippians 4:8, NASV) (emphasis added)
31 Christian Affirmations with Bible Verses
1.God has given this day and therefore, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
“This is the day the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:64, ESV)
2. God is only ever good and God does good; God has good for me in this day.
“You are good and you do only good.” (Psalm 119:68, NLT)
3. God goes before me in whatever this day holds.
“The LORD himself goes before you…” (Deuteronomy 31:8, NIV)
4. God goes with me in whatever this day holds.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9, ESV)
5. God has significant purpose for me in this day. Even my mundane tasks have eternal impact.
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10, ESV)
6. I can do hard things today because God is my strength.
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1, NIV)
7. I will live this day surrendered to God rather than trying to control people, time, and circumstances.
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20, NIV)
8. God has the wisdom I need for the decisions I’m facing.
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (James 1:5, NIV)
9. God knows all that this day holds – the unexpected, the hard, the ordinary and the joy-filling. This day was written in his books before I ever woke to it.
“…all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:16, NIV)
10. I am beloved by God more fully than I could ever imagine.
“And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.” (Ephesians 3:18, NLT)
11. I am grateful for my children who call me mom, the relationships that take work and bring love, a home to clean and make comfortable and food to cook for my family.
“[G]ive thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)
12. Greater is God who is in me than the enemy who is working against me.
“…for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4, ESV)
13. God has given me every spiritual tool I need to overcome the enemy’s arrows of discouragement, discord and disbelief.
“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Ephesians 6:11 and following, NIV)
14. God knows my needs for this day and has the perfect sufficiency to meet my needs.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, NIV)
15. I will live for God’s agenda today, not my own, and expect to die to my flesh and my comfort.
“For to me, living means living for Christ…” (Philippians 1:21, NLT)
16. All is well today because I am held by the Almighty God of the universe who calls me his beloved.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, NIV)
17. I can bravely face this day and any difficulty because Christ’s grace is more than enough and will sustain me.
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)
18. I can be content today no matter what because Christ alone grounds me, satisfies me and blesses me.
“For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.” (Psalm 107:9, ESV)
19. I have permission to do what I need to take care of the body God has given me.
“Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16, ESV)
20. I am forgiven and set free from the weight of shame, guilt, regret and self-condemnation.
“He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.” (Psalm 103:12, NLT)
21. God chose me to parent my child and God has the wisdom, insight, love and patience I need to parent my child well.
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17, ESV)
22. I choose joy today as the gift of God. I choose to find joy and to live fully in it.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.” (Philippians 4:4, ESV)
23. I give God every worry and thank Him for His perfect care, resting in the peace that surpasses all circumstances.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7, NIV)
24. I trust that God is my good shepherd and that today he will lead me on paths of righteousness for his namesake.
“He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:3, ESV)
25. I will love the life God has given even if every moment doesn’t feel lovely.
“Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!” (Psalm 34:8, ESV)
26. God doesn’t demand perfection from me today. I will let myself off the hook of perfection because God has given me His.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30, NIV)
27. Yesterday doesn’t define me, my past mistakes don’t own me and God’s mercies are new every morning. I am a new creation in Christ!
“So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1, NLT)
28. I am not defined by my accomplishments today or what I don’t accomplish.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9, ESV)
29. I will look for opportunities to encourage and build up those God puts in my path today.
“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11, ESV)
30. I trust God with my broken heart and my pain and trust that He will reshape what has shattered.
“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!” (Psalm 27:13-14, NKJV)
31. I can confidently meet the demands of this day because so far, my record of moving through tough days with God is 100%.
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” (Hebrews 10:23, NIV)
Kim Wolfe says
You are such a blessing in my life!! Thanking our Dad for you precious sister!!!
Alisa Hinson says
Beautiful and needful. Thank you!
Praying for you. ❤️
Lisa, I love this! It still amazes me how easy it is to get stuck in the crossfire of inner talk. Sorting through what is true and what is not can feel like a losing battle. These affirmations so beautifully rooted in the promises of God are lifelines! Thanks for putting this together.
Love this Lisa! Great way to start any day-proclaiming God’s promises! Happy to share this!
Stacey Pardoe says
What a wonderful resource! I’m holding onto this for a long time! Thanks for the work it took to put this together for us!
This post is just what I needed to start my day today, thank you!
Ginger Harrington says
Such great affirmations! Loved this post:)
Thanks for this… It’s nice
What a great list!
Declarations help us navigate life storms for sure!
Thank you so much for posting!!!
This is exactly what I was looking for! I am healing from a lot of childhood trauma, and I needed some Bible based affirmations to help me combat the negative self talk and remind me that I’m not going through life alone. Thank you thank you thank you! Bookmarking AND printing this out for safekeeping!
Thanks for this daily affirmations. I really needed it. Be blessed Lisa and for sure God’s promises are true
M. A. Malcolm says
I have just created an mp3 with these affirmations so that I can start my day listening to them. THANK YOU so much for sharing these scriptural affirmations.